A city that is more equitable and inclusive of all segments of society including those who are now most vulnerable is achieved when there is:
- A shared vision of the city,
- A comprehensive plan embracing a city’s spatial, physical, social and economic dimensions to realize that vision,
- A financial resource strategy, including incentives for private investment, and other resources,
- Space for “bottom up” initiatives from communities, private sector, civil society and other stakeholders to break down the barriers to shared prosperity and greater equity,
- Mechanisms for partnerships.